By The Way it’s a damn oven outside. Well, that is, if you had your oven on to 100 degrees and it was humid in there. Truth be told, if my oven only got to 100 degrees I’d call my landlord and have him buy me a new one. You can’t cook anything at 100 degrees except your mind and that would only be rare. I like my meats medium to well. Oh well, global warming for fun and profit…
Okay, I lied Here’s another wonderful link to go see and enjoy because, hey, I’m bored and I’m enjoying it so you may too! AntiSlacker is a good site to see what other people are doing. I guess. If you’re into that kinda thing. Okay, so it’s not the best site in the world, but it’s the one I was looking at at the moment and I wanted to share, okay? Sheesh, what do you want from me? Golden eggs? How the hell do you eat those? ARUGH! *head explodes*
By the way, if you can read this, that means they fixed Blogspot. The site’s been down all afternoon and it’s interesting that Blogger, on a different server, will let me update my page on Blogspot, a dead server. At least, that’s what I hope it’s letting me do. Crap.
Fun Stuff To Do With OTHER PEOPLE’S Microwaves: WE-MAN’S Funny Things To Do With Your Microwave Oven Page is a great site with lots of fun science experiments! Then there’s Unwise Microwave Oven Experiments. And then you could have Fun With Grapes [[DEADLINK]]. Please don’t do these at home, though, do them somewhere else. Preferably not at my place. If I didn’t have a microwave, I wouldn’t eat.
And for Even More Fun there’s Guns for Kids! [[DEADLINK]] Oh boy, man, kids today have EVERYTHING!
And even though it’s closed you can still check out the Star Wars: Episode 2 Title Petition. Attack of the Clones. Ugh. Third one’s Return of the Gunga I bet.
And… Last one here for now, I swear, Virtual Crack! Yep, when you care enough to send the very best…
Ageless Wisdom From Mom: “Don’t put that in your mouth! You don’t know where it’s been!”
The Look: Hey, just so you folks know (and if you haven’t already noticed), I keep playing with the site layout and will probably keep playing with the layout until I’m completely happy with the way it looks. Which may never really happen, but you can still find everything. I’m only adding things and moving them around, nothing’s being removed. Well, except for some of the links down in “Other Stuff”, I’ll probably change those time to time. And, if you ever want to read back and my previous madness, be sure to check the archives for all the joys! Yea, me!
I’m reading Name the Baby by Mark Cirino. It’s pretty good so far, but I’m only about 50 pages into it, I’ll let you all know how I feel by the end. Premise is nice and the storytelling’s good too. I’ll keep ya posted.
Oooooo…..Free Stuff! Hey, Weekly Freebies is a neat site I just found where you can get some cool free stuff! Yeah, yeah, there are plenty of sites out there for free stuff, but this one got me the link to get stuff from Senator George Allen of Virginia! Want stuff from your Senator or Congressman? Go here.
Ah, something to share: My good friend Saren said some very deep, thought provoking things on the J’s Notes Board that I think everyone should take pause and think about. Print it out and keep it in your pocket so, in a time of need, you can pull it out and think about its meaning and maybe share with others, bringing joy into their lives moreso than your presence may.
Movies: Okay, here’s what I’ve seen this summer and what I think.
- Tomb Raider was crap. Complete and total crap. Even the hot chick couldn’t save it. I’m sorry, I was unfortunately expecting more from this movie, something along the lines of Indiana Jones. Instead I got a pile or crap. The plot was weak, the characters weaker, the dialogue horrible, ugh, ugh, ugh. A little TOO mindless for my liking. I guess that I wasn’t a big fan of the game doesn’t help my opinion either.
- Moulin Rogue was surprizingly good. I’m not a huge Baz Lurhman fan, but his style worked wonders with this movie. Nicole Kidman’s hot. And she’s got a good voice. Ewan Macgregor too, I was surprized. It’s a good, fun movie. If you’re a fan of old musicals, you’ll probably hate it with all it’s modern music and fast movements and all, most big musical fans feel that way. Me, while I like some musicals, this was a good one. Very well done.
- Schreck was a great movie. Oh, man, it was good. Hilarious and well done, the animation was amazing. They actually had to go back and edit the movie to make the Princess look less real for a lower rating (little factoid for ya there). This is cartoony enough for kids to enjoy but to get the real enjoyment of the movie you have to be a bit older. The jokes are great and it’s very well done.
- The Score ruled. Ed Norton’s quickly becoming one of my favorite actors and, hell, Robert Deniro’s in the flick, that’s a good enough draw for me. Toss in Marlon Brando not being creepy and Angela Bassett being herself and you have a great cast on an amazing script. Good movie.
- Planet of the Apes was visually amazing, typical Tim Burton. The script left a bit to be desired, but it was forgivable as it’s a kitchy sci-fi flick and it’s not supposed to make complete sense, it’s fantasy. Charleton Heston’s dissertation against guns was a funny in the context of Heston. You have to see it to believe it.
What’s coming up that I want to see: Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (sigh, last J&SB in View Askew movies.), The Lord of the Rings (this is gonna rule!) and a bunch of movies next year, but I’ll talk about them later.
Bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored….